Holly Worton (my monthly podcast buddy) and I are big of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, but did you know that I’ve actually trained in this, and used to facilitate evaluations as part of my pre-business professional life? In fact, I’ve trained in quite a few psychometric tests – Firo-B, EQi 2.0, A whole suite of OPQ (yep, psychometric testing is acronym city!)
(So I’m SUPER nerdy about it!) But I’m also a big advocate of it – and you can learn all about it (and get some real insight into your own MBTI ‘type’ (even if you’ve never done the official test) by listening along.
In this podcast episode, we talk about why the MBTI is so important, and how it’s useful to business owners. I also do a full rundown of Holly’s my own profile, while helping you to find your own. Yes – this is a follow along with a pen and paper episode (the nerd in me LOVES those!)
I’ll be 100% honest here – I’m a super fangirl for the MBTI and I use it a LOT (especially with my one on one clients) so there’s a lot of nerdy enthusiasm in this episode. Even though Holly had known her own type for years she still learned so much from this episode (her words)
If you’d like to learn more about your own MBTI Type I recommend taking this test and listen along to the episode.
What You’ll Learn
- What exactly are psychometric tests and why they’re useful
- Why certain things come easy to you and why you struggle with others
- How the MBTI can help you find your zone of genius…and your ideal clients
- How the MBTI can help you discover how best to structure your work day
- How to get clear on what comes most naturally to you
- Why the MBTI is so much more than what you get from an online quiz