Today's Guest - Geoff Woods.
So you may know that I'm an introvert and therefore I HATE networking (quite passionately!) The thought of being in a room of strangers trying to make small talk makes me feel ill. Give me an audience to talk to or a workshop to run and I'm your girl. But chit chat and business cards - urgh!
So I was a little bit skeptical when I arranged to talk with my podcast guest this week. Geoff Woods is the host of The Mentee Podcast and he approaches things in a very interesting way.
Having been deeply inspired by the Jim Rohns quote, “You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with,” Geoff has been dedicated to surrounding himself with people who are where he wants to be 10-15 years from now. He deeply understands the power of mentors and on his own podcast he introduces his audience to the powerful messages of those who inspire him.
In our discussion we dig into why he believes everyone can network like a pro (especially introverts) and find amazing mentors through using our existing skills - like listening, being of service and and connecting people.
This episode will really help you grow your expectations of yourself and create the reality you want.
In this episode with Geoff Woods we talk about:
- How a 40% cut to his wages led Geoff to shift out of his career in medical device sales and become an entrepreneur
- How surrounding himself with people who are living the life he wants to live quickly accelerated his success
- The process that Geoff went through to actively seek out mentors like Tony Robbins’ former Executive Vice President of Sales, the CEO of Lee Sternberg Entertainment, and the founder of the largest real estate agency in the world
- A simple exercise that you can do right now to find the perfect mentor for what you need the most help with in your life
- Why the big name “celebrity type” person might not be the perfect mentor for you and how to go about describing the type of person who would be
- A simple tactic (and mindset) Geoff uses for getting in front of the people he wants to meet at conferences
- How to start getting more coaching clients by having conversations with the people you already know
- The concrete benefits of spending time with people who are more successful than you are now (and why this doesn’t mean you have to stop hanging out with the people you love)
- Why a hyper successful entrepreneur would want to mentor you
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
FindTheBestMentors.com (& get your free 7-day guide!)